|Trainee Ecologist – FOUR VACANCIES|
Contract Type: Initial three month trial period leading on to a full time position for successful candidates.
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire.
Salary: Subject to experience.
Closing date: The vacancies will close as positions are filled (ad date: Sept/2018).
This is an exciting opportunity to join ESL (Ecological Services) Ltd, a specialist ecological consultancy based in the beautiful cathedral city of Lincoln. Founded in 1995, ESL has a well established reputation for delivering high quality ecological advice for a wide range of clients including utility companies, statutory bodies and private developers. We are involved with projects throughout England, but with most of our work currently centered in the East Midlands.
ESL are looking to recruit a number of trainee ecologists to join our busy practice. In the initial three month period you will work closely with our experienced staff and receive intensive in-house training. The aim is to evaluate your knowledge and passion for the subject, your aptitude for the role, and your ability to work with other people. On successful completion, you will go onto our formal training programme.
Candidates should ideally possess:
• Enthusiasm, an inquisitive nature and a passion for the natural world,
• A relevant degree OR be able to demonstrate some previous experience in nature conservation,
• Excellent written and spoken English and report writing skills, and proficiency in standard IT applications, including MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
• A full UK driving licence is an advantage but is not essential, and;
• Some relevant voluntary experience (habitat management, species surveys/monitoring, etc) would be advantageous.
How to apply:
In the first instance, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you meet the job criteria. All enquires will be treated in the strictest confidence.